Thursday, February 15, 2007

A Hidden Agenda...

I have to admit I have what amounts to an obession to conspiracy theories...I would love to believe that there are secret societies that manipulate mankind to their own ends. It is sad and nieve and borders on mysticism but a good conspiracy does brace one's skepticism.

I have read Robert Anton William and Robert Shea’s Illuminatus! trilogy, Umberto Eco’s Foucault Pendulum, Holy Blood and Holy Grail, and the Templar Revelation and now see whereof the CIA plagarised its mission statement.

I guess part of this obession is that history is an appalling litany of bullies and robber barons and pretending these violators were the poor pawns of some masters of subtlety and secrecy redeems it from bad farce to decent drama.

Then again if historians had recorded the churn of culture and science instead politics and conflict I could be sitting here with nothing to occupy me.

Anyway back to looking for the fnords...

1 comment:

The Shiny One said...

You stop when the red light starts flashing and the little man has his little red legs together. Otherwise big cars run you over and don't give you a second thought. If the little green man had been there they would have been overcome by remorse. But legality dictates that guilt is only due unless the little red man is still hiding.

See it all makes sense in the end...

Sian